As a teacher of yoga, it is my responsibility and privilege to support the physical, mental and spiritual welfare of my students, and to uphold the dignity and integrity of the yoga teachings. Thus, I agree to abide by the following guidelines:
Relationships with Students
In recognition of the trust placed in me by our students, we as teachers agree to:
• Show only the highest regard for our students’ personal beliefs and values.
• Offer our services of teaching yoga to all persons, regardless of sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, age, marital status, political affiliation, or sexual orientation.
• Avoid any action that we know will conflict with the higher interest of our students.
• Avoid taking unfair advantage of students financially, sexually, romantically, or otherwise.
• Refrain from initiating a romantic or sexual relationship with a current student, even if invited by the student.
In conducting our teaching practice, we will:
• Offer only those services that I am competent to provide.
• Not attempt to diagnose a student’s physical or psychological condition, prescribe a treatment, nor suggest or approve going against a physician’s advice.
• Take continuing education in yoga teaching on a regular basis.
• Be honest, straightforward, fair and conscientious in all business dealings.
• Manage my business finances according to accepted business and accounting practice.
In brochures, advertising and other descriptions of my services (including verbal), we will:
• Make no exaggerated claims as to the benefits of yoga practice or my classes.
• Represent our training, qualifications, abilities and affiliations accurately and unambiguously.
• Not falsely imply sponsorship by, representation of, nor endorsement by any organization.
Sanctuary For All Seekers
SoniYoga is a place of peace and intended as a sanctuary for all people seeking personal growth and a community of love. We strive to practice ahimsa in all we do and will not tolerate violence of any kind, including verbal, emotional or physical violence. Intolerance of another person in the SoniYoga community for any reason including race, religion, sexual orientation, age, experience is antithetical to all we believe and uphold. If, in our opinion, any of these are violated by a member of the SoniYoga community we reserve the right to no longer allow that person to practice at SoniYoga.